SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Anabolic Steroids > Steroid Articles
Reload this Page A Closer Look at Trenbolone

Steroid Articles Research in the field of Steroids.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-08, 12:33 PM
A Closer Look at Trenbolone

A Closer Look at Trenbolone

Not too many steroids have an air of mystique about them quite like trenbolone. It is one of those agents that you will hear talked up aggressively by some guy in the gym, to later find he has not even tried it himself yet. The bodybuilding literature is full of strong, unusual, and often-inaccurate statements about this drug, and consequently an air of misunderstanding has begun to cloud our view of trenbolone. The unusual history of this compound, including prolonged periods of very limited availability and high selling prices, has no doubt played a part in shaping the view of this steroid in the minds of athletes. It seems when anything is out of reach, overly expensive or both, people start looking at it in a different way. I therefore thought it would be a good idea to take a closer look at the physical properties of trenbolone, as well as its current state of availability and use.

Trenbolone (17beta-hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one)

Structure

Structurally trenbolone is a derivative of nandrolone, carrying two additional double carbon bonds at positions 9 and 11 (hence the prefix "tren", short for tri-en). The activity of trenbolone differs from that of its parent hormone considerably however. To begin with, trenbolone cannot aromatize to estrogen. The delta-9 group present on its structure occupies a bond necessary for aromatization of the A-Ring to be possible. Unless this group is removed metabolically, which it does not appear to be, estrogen synthesis is impossible in the body. Although nandrolone is a weak substrate for aromatase, estrogen levels can still rise during use. With trenbolone we actually expect a lowering of serum estrogen levels, as it should suppress endogenous testosterone release (the primary substrate for estradiol in men).

Androgenic Activity

Although derived from nandrolone, trenbolone is comparatively far more androgenic than this steroid. In fact it is several times stronger in this regard than our primary androgen testosterone as well (1). The first contributing factor to this of course is that trenbolone is a strong binder of the androgen receptor. This trait is also characteristic of its parent nandrolone, which is several times more active than testosterone in this regard. Androgen binding is in fact further enhanced by the introduction of double bonds in delta-9,11 (2), which makes trenbolone an even more potent agonist of the androgen receptor than nandrolone. Perhaps more significant though is the fact that unlike nandrolone, the strong receptor binding potency of trenbolone is not diminished in androgen sensitive tissues by 5-alpha reductase. Trenbolone does not seem to undergo 5-alpha reduction in humans to any appreciable degree at all, which is evidenced by the fact that the major urinary metabolites of trenbolone all possess the original tri-en structure with an intact delta-4 group (3). So trenbolone retains its original potency as it enters cells in androgen target tissues with high 5AR concentrations, as this enzyme is not affecting it. These factors work together to allow trenbolone to be a potently androgenic steroid, instead of a primarily anabolic one in nature like nandrolone.

Progestational Activity

It has been reported in other bodybuilding literature that trenbolone does not exhibit any activity as a progestin in the body. I am not certain where this belief originated, as trenbolone does appear to exhibit the classic progesterone receptor binding ability that is characteristic of nandrolone and its derivatives. One study looking at the bovine uterine progesterone receptor for example found trenbolone to be a very potent binder, startlingly even more so than progesterone itself (4). Another looking at the binding of various compounds to the androgen, estrogen, progestin, mineral corticoid and glucocorticoid receptors found trenbolone to be a more potent binder of the progestin receptor than nandrolone (5), a steroid normally noted for its usual activity in this regard. What does this mean for trenbolone? I don’t think it really means that much. Trenbolone clearly doesn’t cause gyno, water retention or fat buildup, which one might attribute to estrogenic or progestational activity. So whatever slight action it does have as a progestin on paper doesn’t amount to all that much in the real world. The absence of estrogen may be a significant factor, as progesterone is believed to cause gyno by enhancing estrogen’s stimulation of mammary gland growth (6). Perhaps when trenbolone is taken with other aromatizable compounds it could affect a person’s sensitivity level to gyno and water/fat retention. This seems logical, at least in a technical sense, although admittedly I have seen no evidence to support this.

Mass or Cutting Agent

The potently androgenic and non-aromatizing nature of trenbolone makes it an extremely effective hardening and cutting agent. In fact, it is thought of as unmatched in its capacity as a body-sculpting steroid. Many competitive bodybuilders similarly find it indispensable to any good pre-contest cutting stack. For this type of purpose I doubt another steroid would serve you better. Many people do additionally find they make very good muscle gains with trenbolone. It is a potent muscle-builder, although we should probably not consider it an ideal mass-builder when used alone. The absence of estrogen is an important factor, as this trait seems integral in this type of steroid. This probably has to do not only with water retention but also interactions between estrogen and muscle glucose utilization, GH release and androgen receptor proliferation. Today we are finally starting to understand why this hormone is needed for optimal growth. Trenbolone is probably still the most potent muscle-building agent of all the non-estrogenic steroids though, and admittedly is quite unusual in its potency in this regard. But I would still think that if mass were the goal and you were choosing only one steroid, testosterone, Dianabol or Anadrol would be more productive every time in terms of overall size, weight and muscle mass gain.

Availability

As mentioned in the opening of this article, trenbolone has been plagued by periods of manufacturing inconsistency, high prices and scarce availability since it first hit the market in the early 80’s. There is probably little need to revisit in detail the rise and fall of Finajet in the 1980’s, or the demise of Parabolan in 1997. Clearly the colorful history of trenbolone is well discussed. But today’s situation is no less interesting, as we are in a unique situation. For the first time in four years we have a legitimate injectable trenbolone again, as the Mexican veterinary drug firm Laboratories Ttokkyo has recently started producing Trenbol, a 10 ml bottle of trenbolone acetate (TA) in the strength of 75mg/ml. This product is not cheap, and usually sells for upwards of $150 a bottle. Reportedly Denkall is working on a similar item, and there are some reliable underground generics floating about as well that sell for a better price and usually supply a comparable amount of TA. There have been some questions about raw material supply lately though, and whether or not both types of product would remain on the market. This discussion was heightened by the recent removal of Trenbol from Ttokkyo’s website, which is making a lot of people nervous that this product may be on the way out. Hopefully this is just a website problem and not a repeat of the fate that fell on Finajet and Parabolan. If these products do dry up, trenbolone will still be available, but in the form of cattle implant pellets. In Part II of this article I will take a closer look at these unusual products, as well as the various methods utilized by bodybuilders in an effort to effectively use them.

References

1) Pharmacological and endocrinological studies on anabolic steroids. Neumann F. Environ Qual Saf Suppl 1976 (5) 253-64

2) Unique steroid congeners for receptor studies. Ojasoo, Raynaud. Cancer Research 38 (1978) 4186-98

3) Disposition of 17 beta-trenbolone in humans. Spranger, Metzler. J Chromatogr 564 (1991) 485-92

4) Characterisation of the affinity of different anabolics and synthetic hormones to the human androgen receptor, human sex hormone binding globulin and to the bovine progestin receptor. Bauer, Meyer et al. Acta Pathol Microbiol Imunol Scand Suppl 108 (2000) 838-46

5) Unique steroid congeners for receptor studies. Ojasoo, Raynaud. Cancer Research 38 (1978) 4186-98

6) Progesterone is not essential to the differentiative potential of mammary epithelium in the male mouse. Freeman, Topper. Endocrinology. 1978 Jul;103(1):186-92

Last edited by THE BOUNCER; 12-10-08 at 12:40 PM.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 06:46 PM

His theorys on progestrone I do not agree with. I 100% for sure get gyno on tren around the 350mgs per week dose. His belife about it making you more sensitive to the test sounds good but Im not a beliver. I can and have takin 1000mgs of test E a week before zero probles with estrogen. But 500mgs test E and 350mgs tren will light my nipps up like a X-mas tree.
These are just my personal trials no medical paperwork to back it up. I will take someones real life experance over medical paperwork anyday.
Old 12-16-08, 09:17 AM

Superior Admiral
interesting, definitely has a mystique about it and can do lots of things good and bad, there's a lot more to say about tren.
Why does it seem to burn fat
why does it make such a strength difference
why does it shut you down so damm hard
what the hell goes on with your sex drive on and then after compared to other compounds

Its definitely one to be pulled out as a pre comp use and I've always said tren is not for the casual user
Old 12-16-08, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
His theorys on progestrone I do not agree with. I 100% for sure get gyno on tren around the 350mgs per week dose. His belife about it making you more sensitive to the test sounds good but Im not a beliver. I can and have takin 1000mgs of test E a week before zero probles with estrogen. But 500mgs test E and 350mgs tren will light my nipps up like a X-mas tree.
These are just my personal trials no medical paperwork to back it up. I will take someones real life experance over medical paperwork anyday.
agreed
Old 12-24-08, 03:53 PM

Superior Amateur
Since I have till late next year to train before I goback across the pond I plan on tren/prop'n it up.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 09:15 AM

Superior Amateur
i've used tren E before with amazing results. The only thing i really hate about this drug is the hair-loss and extreme sweating. I don't remember it really effecting my sex drive though probably because i used it with test...
Old 01-13-09, 07:55 AM

Superior Pro
Great article. Who wrote it tho bro??
Old 08-06-09, 06:56 AM

Superior Admiral
Tren is my biggest temptation if I was to run a cycle.. what scares me is being somewhat prone to the progestrone sides.. and I have personally seen people just tren in their teens (mid puberty) and it was scary to see how quickly the symptoms flared up. Then again, when I can get my money up for letro I might not give two shits if it works well enough, honestly I have never seen such drastic changes in peoples body (the few I saw run a real test base cycle w/winstrol and tren) in a matter of weeks... they would eat everything in site and literally get more and more shredded. I'm glad that the pellets are still around, same w/synovex it's not rocket science to make the stuff although I'd much rather have a rep lab do it for me if at all possible. (btw I am amazed at how many people cut out some of the filtering processes .. I've seen people buy tren and you can still see tons of sludge in the bottle, of course most people just draw from the top not knowing wtf they are doing and thinking it just needs a good shake!.
Old 08-06-09, 07:14 AM

Superior Admiral
Id give it a miss AoW, it can be a bit of a head fuck from my exp
Old 08-06-09, 07:31 AM

agreed 100% ^

tren is on a different level when it comes to the mental sides. turned me into a different person. add to that the progesterone sides and i will never touch it again.
Old 08-06-09, 07:48 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
agreed 100% ^

tren is on a different level when it comes to the mental sides. turned me into a different person. add to that the progesterone sides and i will never touch it again.
The strength off of it was amazing, from what I saw.. but the people did get super agitated, so I'm going to concur and stay away, I really don't need anymore instigating going on in my mind.
Old 08-30-09, 09:44 AM

Superior Newbie
Hey guys. Im new to the site and just got qv tren 75. I've been reading some stuff and need some advice. Some say to take it alone, some stak with win some stak with eq or test. i just want to gain a few lbs and cut a little. now im 5'8" 180. any suggestions for cycling and for pct
Old 08-30-09, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Hey guys. Im new to the site and just got qv tren 75. I've been reading some stuff and need some advice. Some say to take it alone, some stak with win some stak with eq or test. i just want to gain a few lbs and cut a little. now im 5'8" 180. any suggestions for cycling and for pct
definitely needs to be stacked with test.
Old 08-30-09, 11:56 AM

Superior Newbie
wil it just not work without the stak or is it just not worth it in your eyes to take alone? im just starting and not really trying to get too big too fast. just want to see some gains in mass, but mostly hardness and definition.
What should i use as pct or even during cycle - seen clomid and novadex
thanks
Old 08-30-09, 12:01 PM

Quote:
wil it just not work without the stak or is it just not worth it in your eyes to take alone? im just starting and not really trying to get too big too fast. just want to see some gains in mass, but mostly hardness and definition.
What should i use as pct or even during cycle - seen clomid and novadex
thanks
if your just starting tren is too strong to be honest.

but the reason test always needs to be run in a cycle is because steroids shut down you natural test levels. tren does this also. but if you dont replace the test shutdown with synthetic test your hormone levels will be a mess. tren only will have you in a high progesterone/ androgen state. many side effects etc..

run test only. would be a much better cycle for a first timer.
Old 08-30-09, 12:10 PM

Superior Newbie
just got the tren from a friend that didnt want it. 2 late to put in another order was hoping to start this week to be in shape for vacation in 3 wks. any otc that would mimic test for ex the anabolic precursurs they sell online and in the health shops.

again thanks
Old 08-30-09, 12:13 PM

Quote:
just got the tren from a friend that didnt want it. 2 late to put in another order was hoping to start this week to be in shape for vacation in 3 wks. any otc that would mimic test for ex the anabolic precursurs they sell online and in the health shops.

again thanks
no. im telling you right now, dont do a tren only cycle. you will regret it. it will shut down your natural test levels down hard. be prepared to not have sex for 5 months... also be prepared for the very real possibility of lactating nipples from the progesterone side effects.

but dont listen to me. listen you your friend that didnt want it..
Old 08-30-09, 12:17 PM

Superior Newbie
in that case, i will wait. thanks.
Do you have any alternatives - otc?
Old 08-30-09, 12:19 PM

Quote:
in that case, i will wait. thanks.
Do you have any alternatives - otc?
nothing OTC is on the same level as steroids. but you have to make sure you know what your doing and why you must combine certain drugs to keep the sides to a minimum.
Old 08-30-09, 12:44 PM

Superior Newbie
has d-bol, winny, and test - asked which kind. Looks like there are 3 listed here. Which test would be the best?

Last edited by The Jerk; 08-30-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-30-09, 01:14 PM

Quote:
has d-bol, winny, and test - asked which kind. Looks like there are 3 listed here. Which test would be the best?
go for something simple test enath or cyp. once a week shot.
Old 08-30-09, 01:23 PM

Superior Newbie
thanks. anything else i should do with 'em
Old 08-30-09, 04:18 PM

Superior Pro
Bro.. TEST ONLY ON YOUR FIRST CYCLE.. PERIOD.. It just makes sense to see how you repsond to test before you start adding in other drugs on top of it.. Also stacking drugs also will add more negative side effects if you are going to get them.. The more is merrier approach does not apply in this regard..

In my opinion you dont need to be messing with gear at this time.. You are asking basic questions that one should be studying up on themselves, understanding the pharmacology of each compound and then learning how to safely cycle them and in future cycles stack them..

Steroids are drugs, and they have consequences even when used with respect.. Read and learn, nothing wrong with asking questions, however what you are asking you should already know before you start down this journey..

It erks me to no end with this type of mentality.. Someone does just what you would have done.. cycle tren only, be all screwed up and then run to the doctor and tell them I took steroids and now Im a mess.. This just aids the publics jaded opinion on gear..

I digress
Old 08-30-09, 05:48 PM

Superior Newbie
I definitely understand, which is why I am asking the questions. There is a lot of information on this site and others, but to a "newbie" some of it can go over your head and I'd rather ask the questions, than just assume based on what i've read. All of the stuff i've read today makes a lot more sense now with having my questions answered. Thats what this site is here for, right?

Btw I have done tren before and equipose, but didnt have anyone to explain anything to me. I didnt have any adverse effects, but I didnt get great results either. Thats why I wanted to do it right this time and ask the questions 1st!
Old 09-04-09, 06:06 AM

Superior Pro
I have to agree that it sounds like you should do more research before starting this cycle but I'm pretty sure you have already decided and will do it anyway so I'll say this....

It is a good thing that you did ask questions and that bouncer got you to put test with this cycle... Also I would say if your set on doing the tren then stick to just that and test for now, no reason to complicate things... I assume it is tren ace so start with 75 - 100mg EOD and run the test around 400 - 500mg per week.
Old 08-16-11, 09:52 AM

Superior Newbie
hey dude i was also thinkin of doin a tren/test cycle aswell however after i was advised against it by people on this forum i did alot more research on tren and realised its not worth the sides for beginners like us however this is jus my opinion but these guys no more than we do so i would listen to em they got experience behind em good luck with your cycle