SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Supplements
Reload this Page SST Muscle Synthesis and 100% MR. Are there any comparable products??

Supplements Discuss any supplement related info here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-04, 05:04 PM
SST Muscle Synthesis and 100% MR. Are there any comparable products??

Superior Pro
I have bought both of these supplements. Scott Mendelson swears by them, and when I ask him if I could use other amino's he said others were sub par. I want to know if ya'll think these are worth the money or is it bullshit. His company tells you to consume 15-20 (muscle synthesis) b4 wrkout and after, with 2 scoops of 100% MR b4 and after workout. Here is the breakdown.

Muscle Synthesis

Serving size 2 caps

vitamin B6 1mg

Proprieatary blend of amino
acids: 1337mg

L-Leucine
L-Isolecuine
L-Methionine
L-Valine
L-Threonine
Taurine
L-Lysine
L-Arginine

100% MR

Serving size 2 rounded scoops

Niacin 10mg

Vitamin B6 2mg

L-Glutamine 2700mg

Proprieatary Amino Acid Blend 6000mg

L-Isoleucine
L-Leucine
L-Valine
L-Taurine

Basically I dont want to spend extra money on things I dont need, and did you see the serving size 2 caps, yet they have you consume more than 10 times that amount per workout day. Thats why I am asking youins. I have never taken amino's.. thought I could spend my money on more usefull things. BTW the aminos are 500 capsule count at $70.oo a bottle and 100% MR at $40.00 a bottle if you buy 2 bottles of each. Okay so tell me did I get bone or what?

PD
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-04, 11:52 PM

Superior Pro
can someone throw me a bone on this one?

PD
Old 10-20-04, 12:00 AM

Controversial Supplement Guru
Try something like ICE or Vendetta from Xtreme Formulations, comparable, if not better than the above mix and a pretty fair price as well.
Old 10-20-04, 04:28 PM

Superior Pro
Do you recommend taking the Ice pre and the Vendetta post? I checked it out seemed like the way to take it. Thanks for the reply YellowJacket

PD
Old 10-20-04, 08:02 PM

That would be sufficient, I have been using Vendetta pre workout and found it to be pretty decent..... an honest warning however, with most (if not all) amino acid products, the taste is a bit rancid, but....
Old 10-20-04, 11:59 PM

Superior Pro
Thanx again, I will run that combo and save loads of money to boot. That 100% MR taste like orange alka selzter. yuck

PD
Old 10-21-04, 12:25 AM

Let us know how it goes.....
Old 12-18-04, 05:19 PM

Superior Pro
Hey YJ just ran out of all of the SST amino's I had purchased. I have made really good gains the entire time. I decided to buy the Ice by Vendetta and I also bought the 2222 amino's from optimum in tablet form. I am going to contnue amino loading b4 and after workouts and see how these 2 products compare to what I have been taking. One thing though, those damn amino pills are freaking huge and damn hard to swallow even broke in half. Do u recommend a different company who makes amino's in pill form at a good price? Thanks YJ

PD
Old 12-18-04, 07:20 PM

About all aminos you find in pill form are pretty large. Ive been using Uni-Liver Liver tablets by Universal for 3 years now, those pills are about as big as it gets, especially when you down 15-18 of them a day.
Old 01-24-05, 01:16 PM

Superior Pro
YJ just an update regarding the amino's. I have continued amino loading b4 and after workouts and also first thing in the morning as well at bedtime with some zma. I am also on the second week of pct following a m1t and 4ad cycle and holding all gains except the water weight. My strength is continunig to improve and I am dropping bf at a steady level. My weight went from 228 b4 cycle to 240, I am back down to 230 BUT strength is still there from cycle and my measurements are still just as large in muslce area's. I really think what you reccomended for the amino's has been a big asset. I am going to maybe do one more bulk cycle b4 springtime and then really get lean. Since I began the amino loading I have went from 14%bf to 10%. I appreciate all the help bro.

PD
Old 01-24-05, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumpdogg
BUT strength is still there from cycle and my measurements are still just as large in muslce area's.

Thats the key. If one can do this with each cycle he does, he'll live a successful life as a bodybuilder. Good to hear the solid results brother.
Old 11-03-10, 07:23 AM
Question re: ICE & VENDETTA

Superior Newbie
I am not a bodybuilder, just a female looking to drop some body fat.

I have changed my diet and incorporated supplements. Specifically, I have incorporated the 100% MR and Muscle Synthesis into my workout and diet as follows:

1) taking doses of each supplement 30 min prior to workout and then taking doses of each immediately after my weight training sessions

2) I also take doses of each in between my meals

From the above post it looks like ICE and VENDETTA should be taken separate: one pre workout and one post workout. Is that correct?

I guess my main question is "If they are comparable to MS and 100% MR, why should I not take them both (ICE and VENDETTA) pre and post workout?" In addition, should ICE and VENDETTA be taken in between meals?

Also, Muscle Synthesis does not say anything about carbs, sugar or calories like VENDETTA lists. However, one of the ingredients in Muscle Synthesis is "rice flour," so I would assume that there are in fact carbs, sugar and calories in each dose of Muscle Synthesis.

I also notice that these posts were almost 5 years old, do either of you have any advice that is not incorporated above.

Thank you.
Old 11-03-10, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppchallenged View Post
I am not a bodybuilder, just a female looking to drop some body fat.

I have changed my diet and incorporated supplements. Specifically, I have incorporated the 100% MR and Muscle Synthesis into my workout and diet as follows:

1) taking doses of each supplement 30 min prior to workout and then taking doses of each immediately after my weight training sessions

2) I also take doses of each in between my meals

From the above post it looks like ICE and VENDETTA should be taken separate: one pre workout and one post workout. Is that correct?

I guess my main question is "If they are comparable to MS and 100% MR, why should I not take them both (ICE and VENDETTA) pre and post workout?" In addition, should ICE and VENDETTA be taken in between meals?

Also, Muscle Synthesis does not say anything about carbs, sugar or calories like VENDETTA lists. However, one of the ingredients in Muscle Synthesis is "rice flour," so I would assume that there are in fact carbs, sugar and calories in each dose of Muscle Synthesis.

I also notice that these posts were almost 5 years old, do either of you have any advice that is not incorporated above.

Thank you.
both of thoes guys are long gone sorry!
I have no idea what either of thoes sups are so I again am sorry cuz I cant help ya.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 12:52 PM

I just read the post It seems all that stuff is amino acids? if so why do you want them? are you a vegan? you can get all the aminos you need in a good protien.
side note aminos wont drop BF a good diet will drop BF.
Old 11-03-10, 01:17 PM

Superior Newbie
Thanks for the response.

I am not vegan, I was under the impression that the amino acids would help with my weight training, which I always perform fasted in the morning.

I am trying to build muscle and along with my diet, lose about 8 lbs of body fat.

I was also told that the above supplements should be taken in between my meals which would increase metabolic response.

Have I been misguided?

For a self-proclaimed intelligent person, I know very little "facts" about nutrition, timing of meals to encourage weight loss, and/or cycling of my macro-nutrients. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-10, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppchallenged View Post
Thanks for the response.

I am not vegan, I was under the impression that the amino acids would help with my weight training, which I always perform fasted in the morning.

I am trying to build muscle and along with my diet, lose about 8 lbs of body fat.

I was also told that the above supplements should be taken in between my meals which would increase metabolic response.

Have I been misguided?

For a self-proclaimed intelligent person, I know very little "facts" about nutrition, timing of meals to encourage weight loss, and/or cycling of my macro-nutrients. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Ok in your first post you said you just wanted to drop BF.
For sure I would add protien in then. You want to take it right after workout is over then eat 30-40 mins later.

do you have a set diet plan? would you mind posting up your day in this fourm

9:00am wake up workout
10:00am protien shake
10;30am 4oz chicken 1/2 cup brown rice 1/3 cup green beans
1:30 4oz what ever ect ect ect
ect

also post up your stats please
Old 11-03-10, 03:00 PM

Superior Newbie
Stats: 29 years old, 5 foot 9, after sitting at a desk for the past 3 years, I have gained weight and now fluctuate between 157 and 162. Right now about 26% body fat. In college when I was lifting, I was about 150 and felt amazingly strong and looked alot leaner. But I can't find the diet that I followed when lifting. I do remember that I took v-targo and isopure right after a fasted workout and then ate my first meal about 30 minutes later and then ate every 2.5- 3 hours. I just cant remember portions/food choices.

Currently I do not have a set diet plan. I am trying to create one. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding timing of my meals, pre and post supplement necessities for my goals and/or food choices for the certain meal times that you suggest. Here are the following times I usually workout and can eat:

5:30 wake up and take the above referenced supplements for pre-workout

5:45 work out (lifting 4 days a week / cardio 2 days/ one day rest)

immediately post lifting - usually about 6:30 - post workout supplements

7:00: breakfast

10:00 snack

1:00 lunch

(I have an opportunity to do some cardio in between 1:00 and 4:00 if recommended.)

4:00 snack

7:00 dinner

9:00 snack (usually isopure or cottage cheese)
Old 11-03-10, 03:18 PM

right after workout I would add in the isopure

breakfast, I would eat 3 egg whites and 1 egg , 1/2 - 2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 hour later
4oz chichen breast,fish or what ever lean meat you like with 1/2 cup brown rice or brown rice pasta, 1/2 cup green veggies
you can then follow thoes guidlines every 3 hours mixing up meats veggies ect.

this is just a guidline but I think a good place to start you can try it for a month and see where you are at.

also drink plenty of water and im sure you know stay away from soda and toes types of things
Old 11-03-10, 03:58 PM

Superior Newbie
Thanks for the suggestions and your time.
Old 12-17-10, 07:07 PM

What's going on in this thread?
Old 12-17-10, 08:19 PM

lol ^